Been a long time.......

It's been a while since I've done a post. It's been a bumpy ride last few months.
Gynae has said he's reluctant to do surgery again at the moment so for now it's manage my symptoms as best I can. It is getting harder and harder tho. Most days I have to take painkillers just to leave the house and no idea how I get through work each day. I guess I'm thankful to have good friends around me there who know when I'm having a bad day.

I am finding I am catching bugs and colds more frequently so have been looking around to see if this affects others. Seems to be pretty common. Yet another hurdle for us endo girls!
I'm already on iron and b12 for anaemia but I'm hoping to hear back from anyone with any tips how we can help ourselves to avoid getting sick with rubbish bugs and colds! Whether it's diet tips etc please leave a comment! Or if you are a blogger yourself leave the link to your blog so I can have a read please.
Thank you in advance, hope you all had a merry Christmas and I wish you all a happy new year and hope it's a pain and symptom free year for all! 😘

4 comments:

  1. Millie, I've missed your blog posts and am glad you're back! It's nice to hear from you again.

    I find that I get cold viruses really easily as well, it's common in Endo girls. Think it could be because our bodies are just struggling so much on an everyday basis that they just don't have the energy and resources left to fight a cold on top of everything.

    Some friends I know swear by taking high dose Vitamin C tablets when they get sick, and say that this helps their body fight the bug off faster. I haven't tried this myself as it's Summer here, but will definitely be giving it a go next Winter. Planning on taking Vitamin C daily, and then upping the dose more if and when I fall ill.

    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and I do hope you feel better soon.

    PS - Here's my blog link, but I think you've been on mine recently already :-) www.nzendogirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caro, great to hear from you! Thank you very much for the vitamin c suggestion will definitely pick some up. Got one at the moment I can't seem to shift so it's worth a try!
    I have indeed been on yours recently I always enjoy your posts :)
    Wishing you a healthy and happy 2017!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you too Millie, and a nice surprise to see your comment on my blog too! I sometimes wonder if anyone reads my musings ha ha :-) I have some Vitamin C stashed away and am definitely going to take it daily once the weather cools off here. Think it's going to be important as I need all the help I can get with my immunity, especially as unfortunately can't eat any citrus fruit now because of my Interstitial Cystitis - sigh... life is complicated sometimes! May 2017 be a wonderful year for you as well - one of my resolutions is to blog more and sort out some of my many draft posts! Keep up with the blog, and I'll be sure to pop back in from time to time :-)

      Delete
  3. I often wonder the same haha but even if nobody reads my rambling I like to be able to get things written down.
    Hope to see more on your blog soon! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Advent calendars!

So the countdown to Christmas has begun! I tend to do most of my shopping online as I find hours of shopping exhaust me and as I'm sure ...